The word "balta" has several meanings, depending on the language and context. Here are a few possible definitions:
- In Romanian, "balta" means "pond" or "lake," typically one that is shallow or stagnant.
- In Latvian, "balta" means "white."
- In Ukrainian, "balta" is the name of a city in the Odessa Oblast region.
- In Turkish, "balta" means "axe," a tool used for chopping wood or other materials.
- In Estonian, "balta" means "chisel," a tool used for carving or cutting wood or stone.
If you provide more context or specify which language you are asking about, I can provide a more specific definition.